The clouds kiss lush hillocks covered with tea and spice plantations in Munnar, forming a soulful backdrop for your honeymoon pictures. A romantic escape to Munnar means staying in tree houses, riding elephants, and enjoying shikara rides on a tranquil lake with your partner.
If you’re thinking of grabbing your bae’s arm and heading straight up to this haven, this is your holy grail guide to perfectly romantic escape to Munnar that covers attractions, activities, most romantic places to stay and more!
The most romantic places to see in Munnar
Visiting Munnar is much like cuddling with pristine nature. Its rolling hills carpeted with spice and tea plantations, crystally waterfalls, glimmering lakes, gardens and monuments – all conspire to captivate couples on their romantic escape to Munnar. And most of them are part of all Kerala honeymoon packages. Here’s a list of the places you shouldn’t miss.
1. Echo Point: A beautiful setting with blooming Neelakurinji flowers, this the place where everything you say echoes back in the mountains. Spend some time here with your loved one, listening to the melody of nature.
2. Attukad Waterfall: Reached via a wooden bridge, Attukad Waterfall is among the most beautiful places to visit in Munnar. The water gushes from 1,500 meters, making an incredible sight to see.
3. Kundala Lake: Kundala Lake, with heavenly backdrop of rolling hills is a romantic hideout. The lake features India’s first arched-dam, and is known for peaceful shikara rides.
4. Tata Tea Museum: Tata – one of India’s best tea manufacturers – established this museum to educate people about the evolution of tea in India. Take a tour of the museum and taste the various varieties of tea.
5. Anamudi Peak: The famous, Anamudi Peak is the highest peak in South India located in Eravikulam National Park. Flaunting breathtaking views, it is one of the prettiest places you can see in Munnar with your spouse.
Top romantic experiences in Munnar
When it comes to things to do in Munnar, there are plenty of options. The best activities to try and experience to have in Munnar include:
1. Staying in a tree house – Romance the unconventional way by enjoy a tree house stay amidst the green environs of Munnar.
2. Trekking together to Echo Point and Top Station – Walking the natural trails with your partner is among the most interesting things to do in Munnar for adventurous couples.
3. Enjoying a romantic shikara ride – Looking at the beautiful sceneries from the middle of lake is as romantic as it gets.
4. Rejuvenating with couple spa – Kerala’s Ayurvedic spa therapy is all you need to get rid of the wedding weariness.
5. Visiting the tea garden – Munnar tea gardens are a key attraction for all tourists.
Top honeymoon resorts in Munnar
The town itself oozes romance, and if you’ve picked up your resort thoughtfully, then voila! Cherry on the cake. Here are some of the most romantic places to stay in Munnar.
Top luxury resorts: The Panoramic Getaway, Tea County, and Spice Country Resorts
Best standard resorts: Jungle Jive Tree House, Westwood Riverside Garden Resort, and Forest Glade
Budget resorts in Munnar: Season7: The Nature Resort, Grand Plaza, and Bellmount Resorts
Best time to visit Munnar for honeymoon
Munnar is best visited anytime of the year. However, the best time to visit Munnar is the winter season as the weather stays pleasant, with temperature dropping to 10 degrees celsius.
Winter (December to February): With lovely weather, this is a perfect time for sightseeing, and adventure activities. Make sure you carry woolens if planning a vacation during this time of the year.
Summer (March to May): This is also an ideal season to visit Munnar, as the maximum temperature stays around 35 degrees celsius. This is a great time for sightseeing and visit to tea plantations and museum.
Monsoon (June to September): Rain showers gives Munnar a greener, more beautiful landscape. Since not many tourists flock here during this season, you get great deals in accommodation and less crowded tourist attractions.
How to reach
Munnar is easily-accessible through different modes of transportation. Following is the detailed break up for each:
By air: Kochi Airport is 125 km away from Munnar, and it takes about 3 hours to cover this distance. You can opt for a cab from the airport, it will cost you around INR 3000.
By train: Kochi Railway Station (130 km) and Ernakulam Railway Station (129 km) are the nearest major railway stations from Munnar. These stations are well-connected to cities like Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Trivandrum, and Bengaluru
By road: If you’re coming from nearby towns and cities like Kochi, and Ernakulam, you can easily get government-run and private buses to reach Munnar.
Pack your bags and head to this enchanting spot with the one you love.