When you get Jamie’s Italian food followed by drinks at a house party and end the night with “skittles” flavoured sheesha ,only to wake up to a visit to an amusement park: you SHOULD know you’re in Birmingham! One of the most energetic and peppy cities of the United Kingdom, Birmingham is the perfect specimen of “cosmopolitan”. With Whites and Asians making up three fourth of its population, the city is popular for its wide range of universities and the international students who paint the town colourful. But why would they choose Birmingham? Ofcourse the first statement answers that 😉 BUT lets dig more 😀
- Plethora of Universities: Diverse Career Options- So lets just say, its hard to NOT find a course you’d want to do. Considering the number of universities and their respective departments, the only thing they probably don’t teach you is how to pronounce your name!
- Whereabouts: With a travel time of 2.5 hours on your hand you could easily reach London, Blackpool or even Devon in the south of UK. Ample bus, train and car rental options are available and would easily suit the student budget you’re on 😀
- Flavours of the World: From the regular fish n chips and cheesy chips at local food vans to American and Mexican Grills, Birmingham will offer you flavours that your taste buds would love to savour. With the vast Asian population in the city, you could grab your forks and dig into mouth-watering Chinese and Thai food. If you’re lucky with a tourist guide like me on your side 😉 we might catch some finger –licking Indian food too! :p
- Not too cold, Not too warm: Not TOO cold like Scotland and not too warm like the beaches in south of UK, Birmingham is nearly perfect for annual survival :p. Occasional snow and hail might just be a treat for your eyes J
- Shopaholic Paradise: Name the Brand and Locate the Store. Hey that’s easy! 😉 Not on your wallets though :p but when did that stop you, you brat ! :p. Hub of fashion and clothing brands, stuffed together under one roof: Birmingham Bullring in itself will make you shop till you drop! Ofcourse you could torture your pocket and legs more and trust me you’d never get enough 😉
- Buffet of your poisons: Now lets get down to student basics. What is graduation without a little bit of fun that you wont recollect later? Student Clubs with CHEAP entry tickets and the most entertaining theme parties will make you go club hopping every weekend till you eventually reach Gatecrashers, one of the most popular student clubs around 😀
- Flavoured Pipes: “Sheesha”, the persian name for “water pipes” is another highlight for the student population in Birmingham. With flavours ranging from “Bubble Gum” and “Skittles” to “Blue Mist” and “Lychee”, be prepared to inhale the fruity essence of smoke! Moon Shisha Lounge happens to be one of the most famous joints with an ambience that will make you want to hit the club right after 😉
- Paceful Pendulum: With Alton Towers in its credentials, this city also caters to tourists from all over UK, who appreciate pace and delve in adventure. With some of the best rollercoaster rides, Alton Towers is among the top amusement parks of the UK. If you have an insatiable appetite, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Thorpe Park aren’t too far either! :p
- For the love of Willy Wonka: Cadbury and Chocolate is almost synonymous in this lively city. A self guided tour for the foodie, the marketer and the supply chain specialist- Cadbury World will make you want to put on weight guiltfree! Pre-book your visit and start dieting in advance! 😀
- Home Sweet Home: Apartments with some of the best interior designs spam the city and will allow you to create a home away from home. If you’re lucky to get a residential apartment LITERALLY in the middle of a shopping complex, you might just wake up to discounts at your doorstep! :p
An all in one destination for the student, the youth, the traveller, the foodie and the shopaholic- its not a city you just want to read about! GO. EXPLORE. EXPERIENCE.