Buda and Pest is the full 360: relaxing spa baths, alluring cathedrals, canning cuisine, buzzing bars, and aerial views. Try to make it out for the weekend as the nightlife and entertainment draws sexy locals and European tourists.
Aside from the history, architecture, and lifestyle…
Budapest has managed to be a top provider in customer service, at an affordable rate.
You can immerse yourself into the Hungarian culture without putting holes in your pockets. That’s always a perk in my travel book!
1. Discover all the sights: Liberty Bridge & Chain Bridge, Gresham Palace, and Gellért Hill with the Statue of Liberty and the Citadel, and the Castle of Buda. (For a few dollars, get your Hunger Games on: shoot a bow and arrow or try spear throwing by the castle.)
2. Famed as “The Water Town,” embank onto the Danube River for a cruise and dinner. Catch a picture with the Parliament building and sip Hungarian wine or beer.
3. Cover up for the baroque churches or strip down for the Turkish baths
4. Trade in your walking shoes for your eveningwear: the baroque castle hosts 21st century night-life.
5. Take a crack at wake-boarding via wires, hit up a Budapest Opera, chill at a beerhouse, or humor your childhood interests with Dracula’s caves.
Budapest | Entertainment
Firstly, the festivals in Budapest are some of the best in world. Sziget is one of my favorites of all times and Balaton Sound is award-winning.