Before I departed for Los Angeles, I got wind of an aviation themed lounge called Now Boarding. Doesn’t the name just scream “calling all travelers?!” I was so excited to check this place out, and it exceeded my expectations. The wall size maps caught my eye the minute I walked through the gate. All I could think about was sitting underneath one of them, and plotting my next adventure while sipping a mouthwatering cocktail.
Speaking of cocktails, their specialty list is fairly extensive and categorized by spirit. I’m a bit of a lightweight; therefore, I was only able to sample two of them – Farewell to Legs and Lolita. These tasty drinks had me yearning for more, but I had to make my way back to the hotel on foot.
So just what makes Now Boarding special aside from the theme?
1. An intimate setting without feeling crowded (unlike typical flights).
2. A groovy selection of overhead music.
3. Friendly, knowledgeable mixologists.
4. Subtle mood lighting.
5. Spacious booths and group seating.
6. Happy hour all night Monday and 6-8pm Tuesday through Friday.
7. Live music every Wednesday and Sunday with no cover.
Ready to become a frequent flyer? When I make a return visit to the city, I would love to organize a travel meetup at Now Boarding. Who’s with me?